In the three years following their Aliyah, Olim are entitled to:
- Import up to three tax-free shipments of appliances and household items in reasonable quantities for personal use.
- The shipments, which may be as small as one item and as large as the entire contents of a house, can be sent from anywhere in the world.
- The definition of what constitutes "Reasonable Quantities" is based on family size and is at the discretion of the Customs Authority.
- Purchase certain Israeli-made appliances in Israel with a tax exemption. There are, however, very few items that meet these criteria.
- Import or locally purchase a car with a tax reduction.
- This benefit is conditional upon the Oleh holding a driver's license from their country of origin issued prior to Aliyah and an Israeli driver's license.
The three year period of benefits can be extended: for the entire period of compulsory military service; for full-time university studies for one year from the end of studies; and if the Oleh spends more than six consecutive months overseas during the period of rights (the latter is not applicable to those with Katin Chozer status).
For more information please see Immigrant and Foreign Resident Guide from the Government.