New arrivals typically come into contact with a number of Government offices - here's how to find the main ones:

Ministry of Interior (Misrad HaPnim)

For:     Israeli ID card (Teudat Zehut)
          Travel Document (Teudat Ma'avar) and Passport (Darkon)
          Changes of family status (marriage, divorce, births, deaths)
          Change of address


Website languages: Hebrew, Arabic

Find your local office on Google Maps

Ministry of Aliyah and Immigrant Absorption (Misrad Ha'aliyah veHaklitah– aka Misrad HaKlita)

For:    Olim benefits booklet (Teudat Oleh / Teudat Zakaut)
          Registering for Hebrew classes (Ulpan)
          Registering bank account for Sal Klita payments
          Registering for medical insurance (statuses other than Olim)


Telephone hotline: 03-973-3333

Website languages: Hebrew, English, French, Spanish, Russian

Find your local office on Google Maps

National Insurance Institute (HaMosad LeBituach Leumi)

For:    Child allowance
          Insurance contributions
          Unemployment or other benefits
          Pension allowances


Website languages: Hebrew, English, Russian, Arabic, Amharic, Spanish, French

Ministry of Transport Licensing offices (Misrad Harishui)

For:   Obtaining or updating an Israeli driver's license

Website languages: Hebrew