How to open a Customs file
You will need a customs file, if you are:
- planning on receiving a shipment
- purchasing Israeli manufactured goods with a discount
- Using Oleh, Ezrach Oleh or Katin Chozer rights to buy a car
Remember that as a new immigrant, you are entitled to customs tax exemptions.
Fax or hand-deliver the following documents to the customs authority offices:
- Teudat Oleh or Teudat Zakaut (Aliyah benefits booklet)
- Teudat Zehut (Israeli ID card)
- Copy of the front page and Aliyah visa from your passport (married couples must submit both passports)
More information on Customs benefits is available in the English language guide on their website.